Monday, April 7, 2014

Scars

Sometimes I do things just to humor myself....sometimes I do things that humor (AKA embarrass) my children....other times I do things for no good reason but either way it makes my little corner of the world well entertained.  The other day a friend (@zebrastripes) told me something that made me have one of those hallelujah fits I referenced in my last post.  So I took to the trampoline to express my joy....Reid captured this on video as I did a front flip and landed hysterically laughing at myself...which means I was ok with him laughing at me too.  Immediately, I felt a burn on my elbow only to realize I had a minor injury to remind me I am over 40!  That did not stop me from rolling around laughing but later it got my attention!  This has been a few weeks and I still have a fading scar to remind me to leave the tumbling to Abi!

Scars....they are not always bad things.  They are meant to remind us of something.  For me, to remind me I am older than I feel!  This reminds me of scars that signify an eternal price someone paid for me.  Jesus willingly took the journey to the cross because He loved us --- we all know John 3:16....For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son to die for us.  Jesus knew what He would face on the cross, the suffering He would endure, the scars He would gain.  He found it all worthwhile so we could have eternal life. Not something we deserved but something He wanted to do for us because He loves us! For us, He was happy to gain scars.  His scars from the cross were something He willingly acquired because of grace---God's riches at Christ's expense!

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--  not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:8-10

As we approach Easter, may we remember the price Christ paid for us.  May we ponder the scars of the cross and have a hallelujah fit that He loved us enough to die for us!!  Then he rose again after three days --- the only change--- scars to tell the story of the cross.  

If you have never pondered these scars:

Below is an exert from David Jeremiah's website

http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/about/becoming_a_christian.aspx


  • Because of our sin, we are separated from God.For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  (Romans 3:23)
  • The Penalty for our sin is death.For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
  • The penalty for our sin was paid by Jesus Christ!But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
  • If we repent of our sin, then confess and trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will be saved from our sins!For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  (Romans 10:13)
    ...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)




No comments:

Post a Comment