Monday, April 7, 2014

It's a dogs life!

It's a dogs life.  That's what I am thinking right now after I have worked in the house most of the day and look to see my poodle sleeping on my pillow…on my unmade bed as I sigh knowing I should have made it up.  I comment under my breath "it must be nice to be a dog," I move him over and think about making the bed….never mind it is Spring Break, I might get back in it!  After that thought, I laugh.  The only reason I think he has it so good is because I do everything for him.  He doesn't wonder where his next meal will come from nor does he worry about tomorrow…he knows I will take care of tomorrow…"oh, I created this," I think and smile.

Hmmm…maybe I do have a dogs life.  My life is (or should be) in the hands of God.  He knows and orders my footsteps so I don't have to worry about tomorrow.  Proverbs 20:24 NIV says "A person's steps are directed by the Lord.  How can anyone understand their own way?"    "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord…Pslam 37:23.   He is saying, "I created you!" with a more literal meaning than my comment about the dog!  "…I am fearfully and wonderfully made…" Psalm 139:14.

 I don't have to worry about tomorrow because He has that under control too.  Romans 8:28 says "All things work together for good for those called according to His purpose."   Therefore, tomorrow has to be good. It does not mean trials won't come but it means He will work His will and purpose in all no matter if in my eyes it looks good, bad or indifferent.   I have every meal I need both physically and spiritually.   Ah, so maybe I can't lay on that pillow all day but I can know He has me under control so I will  yield ---- the old adage, let go and let God more real today than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment