Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Emoticon Warnings!

Maybe I am the only traveler who has not used WAZE.  On our trip today, I was introduced to WAZE. This is the coolest GPS app I have seen yet!   People using WAZE have the option to select an emoticon to tag the map letting you know if an object is in the road, if there is an accident, if the police are in the median etc.  The point?  To warn those behind you.  When Lance's phone started announcing object in the road...police ahead...I was immediately intrigued.  We all know it does not take much to entertain me.

Warnings...probably saved me a ticket or two along the way...certainly protected the front end of my new ride today.  For all that, I appreciate the random stranger traveling a mile ahead of us who keeps pinging warnings.  I just offered my first warning to travelers coming behind me!  Warning sheetrock in the road!  Bad day for that construction truck.  As Christian brothers and sisters, we should warn each other when we see signs/obstacles/threats.  I am thankful for sisters in Christ who have offered me their advice along the way...warning---you are playing with fire....protect your heart and mind... I know I have been protected because of godly women who have gone ahead of me warning me from lessons they learned.   

 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

Part of encouraging and spuring one another on to good deeds is to warn others of temptations along the way...maybe we can't ping an emoticon to warn each other but we can pray for one another (James 5:16) and offer godly counsel.   

Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. (Proverbs 19:20 NKJV)

This is not because we are weak but because in Him we are strong.  God wants us to be connected to each other.  Jesus modeled this with His disciples.  I am thankful for godly friends....I am watching for your emoticons...please ping me if you see a warning ahead. 

God has called you to be the iron that sharpens others’ iron, as their iron will sharpen you (Prov. 27:17)!

No comments:

Post a Comment