Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Is this a good or bad pest?

Subtle hints from others are not always enough....have you ever walked away from someone just to have them follow you?  Have you changed the subject just to have someone change it right back?  Have you shifted your focus to something else just to have a person force you to focus back on them?

We have all had these friends, moments, episodes...some of us have been these pests! Sometimes I can be like a gnat in someone's ear when I am on a mission. I admit, when I need to help a family or child, I can be relentless if I think I am on to something!

Hmmm...tonight I thought about how I had annoyed someone today. I will admit ultimately the outcome was helpful to someone else, so I would say it worked out okay  In the end, the person I annoyed was thanking me for what I did (ironic in some ways). The lesson in this is sometimes pest grow on you....so maybe I have grown on this person.


This is a pest that has lived outside of my office for a long time....he or one of his relatives was even there last year.  He sits in this same spot and stares at me. Sometimes he nestles under the seal and I only see his tail.  I use to knock on the window to scare him away.  Now, I expect him to be there.  When he isn't, I look closer for his tail.  He has grown on me...so much, I went outside and took a picture this week (I humor myself in so many ways....).

I stop and ponder wondering how would God describe me?  Am I a pest to Him?  I want to be!

Think back...if a pest is someone who constantly nags at you, desires to be with you all the time, desires your guidance, wants your attention, desires to mirror you then that is what we should desire spiritually.  I want God to want me around...to notice when I stray away....

As pest, may we desire to:

Nag God... Praying without ceasing.  1 Thessalonians 5:17

Be with God...But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be 
added to you. Matthew 6:33

Have God's direction...Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

Mirror Him....And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.  
2 Corinthians 3:18

Know more about Him....I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:111

No comments:

Post a Comment