Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Guilt Ridden or Grace Driven

I know it's been a while ---- not for lack of ideas but lack of time to let the words flow. Does that ever happen to you?  So much you want to accomplish but no time to make it happen. I wonder if it's because there is no time or is it just not a priority.  I ponder and realize I have found time to do lots of things over the past few months besides write.

I have couponed almost every week.

I have shopped many sales....I mean Winn Dixie lowered prices 10 percent a week until it closed!

I have watched many Netflix videos with my children.

I have attended every basketball game my son played in.

I have spent quality time with my man! AKA Hubster

I rush out on time from work to make sure I get to see some of the tumbling class my daughter takes... (thanks Grammy for taking her).

I have started decorating for Christmas.

I have liquidated my closet.

I have spent time with my family and friends just hanging out.

I have mindlessly searched Foxnews at least once a day.

I have spent time helping those less fortunate.

Then the list of things I have not done....no, that I will skip.

AH now that sounds like a list that would be driven out of guilt.  I use to beat myself up for all that I didn't accomplish instead of all that God allowed me to live out.  That was mostly an inspired guilt driven by legalism that offered me a list of rules of do's and don'ts, musts and must nots.  What can I do, instead of how can I bring glory and honor to the Lord who created me.

So, today, I may not live up to the standards of some. I have not made everyone happy because of my no's. I have ignored some requests, openly defied others. But, I was not created to be all things to all people but to be one of His children, created for His purpose.  What that is to me is something different than what that is to you.

Just yesterday,  a sweet friend said to my daughter that she and I are wired differently. Guess what?  We all are. That is the beauty of being fearfully and wonderfully made Psalm 139:14.  Live in the season God has given you, not exile--not the season others want to create for you. He is the one true creator or all things, all places, and all seasons.


1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Isaiah 43:7 Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them.


And these verses always seem to fit!


Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.



1 comment:

  1. It is so easy to get caught in a place of guilt. Thank you for your words and your heart shared in this post. I am so excited to get to know you through the Cheerleading Link up. Come join us next week!

    ReplyDelete