Monday, September 8, 2014

Are you a talker or listener? Blahblahblah

Too many words....blahblahblah....

I have always been a talker...my children are talkers....I am sorry to all of their teachers; they got it honestly!

I am trying to minimize my words. I have a lot to say and I am usually in a hurry. I rush through because my to do list is mammoth.  Not to complain, I do like it that way. God created me as an Energizer Bunny.  I have long lasting batteries, but they still need recharging at times.  In an effort to save some of my juice, I have been trying to minimize my words.

Sometimes I say so much, I know I lost people at hey and they tune back in at bye!  I know the extraneous details are not always necessary.

Why am I telling you this?  To say, we have so much to say that we often forget to listen!  God wants us to be still and listen.  So I am tuning in and trying to listen more...shhhhhh....enjoy the quiet, for in it, God has a still small voice...wait on it 'cause it is bound to be good!

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."  Psalm 37:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment