Saturday, May 10, 2014

Let it Go Let it GO!

How many of you are singing the song from Frozen just because of the title of this blog?!

I couldn't imagine letting something go that I had for so long.  After ten years, you get attached even to objects---having personfied this object and even giving it a name.  Many of you knew Sally and even spent time with her. She had seen her better days. How could you give up "someone" you have grown so attached to? I was comfortable with her and had no desire to make a change. But the day had come to walk way...it would be hard to say goodbye.  The final moments would seem awkwrd.  Abandonment....how could I? Wait, we are talking about an automobile...something I was about to replace with a newer model with more bells and whistles.  But for a brief moment, I was caught up in the emotion of naming a car ---something that could not talk back.  When I think of such craziness, I remember Knight Rider named his car Kip (dating myself) so I must be in good company...ah...satire.

So, I trade in Sally for Princess.  She is a more stylish version of the large SUV.  She is known as a crossover.  She is smaller, can't hit a pot hole quite as fast and won't take the Klampets on vacation.  However, she is more reliable and a little snazzier.  It has been a month (I know because Bank of America reminded me :) )!  I have not forgotten Sally.  Crazy as it is, I wonder who has her and how many more miles she has in her (156,000 strong when I let her go).

Life is like that.  We get attached and comfortable in places so much that we keep on keeping on even when a change is needed.  I needed another vehicle for some time but I was content and satisfied.  Time came when a few visits to the mechanic would cost me as much a month as a new payment so it was time. Sometimes God has to move us to another place in our lives with a gentle nudge - at other times he has to take us through some trials to get our attention.  I know we should be content where God has us but we should also be open to Him when He wants to move us.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isa. 55:9

Changes are taking place and sometimes they can be scary but God says to trust Him.  He is clearly in tune with all elements of this world so certainly He has an interest in His children.

But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! Luke 12:28

Ask God, "are you ready to move me?"  If he is moving you (not geographically but spiritually), are you waiting for a road map or trusting He has a plan to prosper you and not to harm you.  Are you trusting He takes care of His children?  These are easier said than done. He won't let the snares of the devil consume you.  (Psalm 91:3).  God will protect you and bless your future more than you can fathom.  Join me on the journey to live out Jeremiah 29:11-14a

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment