Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Closed Doors & Broken Toes!

What are your thoughts on closed doors?  Regularly, my husband will ask me to slam the car door harder (sarcastically of course) because I have a lot of power in my closures! :)  My children inherited this gene from me.  So our house doors and car doors get a great deal of exercise.  Two summers ago, I mustered up all the energy inside my little body and closed my bedroom door.  Within a snap of a finger, I knew hubby was right!  I do close doors too hard.  I fell to the ground and let out a wail as if weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth would help!  Yep...my little toe was not fast enough to clear the perimeter as the door swooshed closed!

I am on the ground in my room laughing, crying and screaming.  Mind you, my two children, one dog and husband are hearing me.  Nothing. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!  The scream becomes a bellow and the door opens slowly. Long story, short...Lance tells me my toe is broken and he "breaks" it back in to place.  Fast forward.  I ask why nobody came to my aid.  The answer..."we did not know what to think." They heard the door slam and heard my "racket" but had no idea what was behind that door.  They were startled and frozen for a minute.  Needless to say, I need to scream more so this family knows what to do when someone has a melt down!  I quickly gave them a lesson on what to do when someone is yelling out in pain! :)

Closed doors....sometimes they are painful.  Sometimes we are unsure what has happened.  We may be like me on one side, clearly aware of what happened yet encumbered with pain.  We may be like my children and husband...on the outside unsure what is going on but clearly aware we better be careful before we go where angels dare to tread!  Either way, ignoring the call is not an option.  Maybe a door is closing in your life and you are very aware of what is ahead.  You know the terrain may be rough but you are willing to face it. Maybe you are not sure what is ahead.  God knows what is before you.  Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."  I think of the old Sounds of Liberty Song..."when you can't trace His hand, trust His heart."  

Doors are closing and I am excited. Not because the journey won't be treacherous at times but because He has been faithful before. He will be faithful again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment