Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baseball Clay---How do I get those pants white as snow? Is there a spiritual lesson in this?




Dirt...my son has that nick name for a reason...since pictures speak louder than words, I will let these pictures explain it---








We play baseball all out, no holds barred. As a baseball mom, I would never say don't get dirty...instead I find a formula to work.  I have been asked many times how I get these pants white again, so here is my formula!  I realize this is all over the internet in various versions but just in case you have a need to know, here is my version!





As soon as possible, I soak these in Iron Out...the powder formula only ($13 on Amazon).  I put the pants in a sink in my laundry room, pour about a cup or so of this over the pants, run luke warm water over the pants, and I let them soak. I usually leave them over night.








After I drain the sink, if there are darker spots left, I wet the end of my fels naphtha bar ($1 at Walmart), and I scrub that spot with the bar of soap. I don't always do this but if we have played REAL hard, I add this in for good measure. 





I then spray the spots remaining with a mixture I keep in a spray bottle. I add half blue Dawn Ultra to half hydrogen peroxide. I keep this in my laundry room marked Ball Pants Only.  

After theses steps, I wash the pants, alone, on white cycle. I do make sure not to wash in hot water. I do warm/cold just to avoid any stains setting in if something does not come out.  You can use any good detergent with stain fighting properties.  I will admit I also have a home made laundry detergent I often use but any detergent works. 

The outcome...



I know it seems like lots of effort but it really is little effort...soaking, a little rubbing, spraying, and washing...the results are worth it!


We all know I find spiritual applications in most things, so it should come as no surprise that washing pants is no different!  

White as snow...that is how Jesus washes our souls.  Like these pants, our lives are often covered in impurities because "we live all out"...we have imperfections because Jesus is the only one to live on earth perfectly.  

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

The glory is Jesus paid a ransom for our sins because He knew we are born sinful.

But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

When we repent of our sins, he washes us white as snow.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

He soaks us in his goodness and glory so the impurities are gone.  

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.....For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. Romans 10:9-10, 13

We are purified so we can glorify our Lord and Savior. May we remember that we are saturated by the Holy Spirit in our lives and may we clothe ourselves with dignity exemplifying whose we are.  This does not mean we won't sin or make mistakes but it does mean forgiveness is available through Jesus Christ. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We are sinners saved by grace washed as white as snow.  May the old be gone and all things new shine through.  Claim it, live it and shine bright like a diamond for our Savior and King!



No comments:

Post a Comment