Thursday, July 24, 2014

Problem solver...are you one?

Have you ever had something in your life you knew wasn't just right but never cared enough to fix it?  Well, look at this picture....

I have stood many people in this foyer and asked....do you see anything wrong?  Most people stare, analyze, look at me like it's a trick and say no....

I have lived in this house for ten years.  I am not sure how many years I lived here before I noticed the panel to the right is white and the one to the left is yellow like the wall. I have spent the last ten years using it as a conversation piece when people come over.  But, I never cared enough to do anything about it...even though it is wrong in every decorators book!

Today, I happened to be at the paint store and thought about it...I bought a can of paint and thought "one day, I will fix this."  However, within ten minutes of the can entering the house, this happened....

My problem solver took the task on!  The paint is drying and the sides match for the first time in ten years!  We both laughed.  She said she wondered how long it would take daddy to notice --- maybe another ten years!

This made me wonder how many other "small" issues we have in our lives that are not significant enough for us to stop and give our attention to even though in the divine decorator of our lives book...the Bible...it is clearly wrong or in need of repair.  How many "small" seemingly insignificant issues do others have that we could minister to yet we ignore even though it would take us less than ten minutes to fix?  

I was convicted by this eleven year old who took on the task just because....may I look for the small ways to serve others even if it never gets noticed!


Matthew 25 

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

3 comments:

  1. Ways we can minister to others?
    It is back to school time...school supplies, help with fees associated with school, offer to transport home students who can't otherwise stay at after school events, donate teddy bears to the Children's Advocacy Center, volunteer at the Food Bank....what are your ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call someone just because....no good reason, just be a friend...God has them on your heart for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mentor, read to a pre k class, donate toiletries to a shelter

    ReplyDelete